Friday, October 28, 2011

Darwin says, "Find a tortoise. Now."

Oh Halloween. One of my favorite holidays. I love watching the old Twilight Zones with my Dad (also for New Years), scary movies, pumpkin carving, seeing the costumes the little ones are wearing, the weather, Fall flavors (Pumpkin....everything), but mostly, The Hunt.

Every year for the past 4 years (ish) now, my second family (my bestests friends`family, but I`m the favorite) has a Halloween party. And at this party, is a scavenger hunt with the most ridiculous clues and stunts (Ex: One year, we got arrested for points.). It`s great fun. But this year, I couldn`t be there because I am on this wonderful adventure in Ecuador. But, since I couldn´t be there, the mastermind of it all made a clue in my honor. They had to bring back: 1) Something that was "Made in Ecuador" or "Product of Ecuador. 2) A copy of Darwin´s On an Origin of Species. 3) A real life Giant Galapagos Tortoise. Unfortunetly, no one found the tortoise, but one team did find some bananas. And one of my dearest of friends did not find said bananas, like she promised me, so she got to wear the hickey of shame (another awesome clue). Next year though, be prepared, because my team is going to dominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment